BTMG USA is always looking for talented people to become its team members. We realize that productive people are always a good addition to our organization. So if you have the technical acumen and the passion to work with some of the biggest companies in the world, join in!
BTMG USA has a client seeking a Hadoop Developer in multiple locations.The client is looking for someone versatile not confined to any software language and can easily adapt to the client’s mix of technologies like Python, R, Pig, Java, Hive and Hadoop. They have a massive amount of data under all of this technology, (excellent SQL skills (of any kind) will be ideal).Essential Functions:
- Integrate data sources from internal and external data providers
Implement process to clean, verify, and process data in file formats such as Excel, Word, PDF, XML, unstructured and delimited text format
Assist in the development of ETL tools for data processing.
- Design and develop applications to allow real-time querying across internal data sources.
- Design and develop innovative ways to mine, index, and organize data from reports with unstructured data.
- Design and manage data schemas and data warehouses.
- Design and manage Hadoop, HBase and MongoDB database back-ends.
- Develop data access APIs for other applications
- Bachelor or Associate degree in Computer Science or related field
Highly motivated Computer Science graduate with the ability to apply new skills to real world business application.
- Five years of experience working as a data engineer, software engineer or architect is helpful.
- Must have strong desire to build high performing, scalable, and secure solutions.
- Strong experience developing applications in Java, Python or Scala
Strong experience with SQL.
- Strong experience with SDLC, build systems, version control systems, and unit tests.
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, HBase or Cassandra.
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies.
- Familiarity with Linux operating system.
- Basic understanding of statistics and data science.
- Experience with natural language processing and machine learning technologies a plus.
- Familiarity with Apache Spark, Hadoop are a plus.
- Familiarity with Healthcare data a plus.
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
- Client: Multiple
- Start Date: Immediate
- End Date: 6 months
- Location: Chicago,IL
Note: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted automatically.